Welcome to Blockchain Ethics! We’re psyched to have you be a part of this community, course, and initiative.
Go ahead and introduce yourself here with the following:
- What is your “spirit candy” (a treat you enjoy that is most similar to you in xyz properties) and why
- A bit about yourself (e.g Whatever you’d like to share! Year, program, hobbies are good ones)
- What are you most psyched for in the field of Blockchain Ethics?
- Oreos! My spirit candy is most definitely this (sometimes unknowingly) vegan treat that comes in many flavors and sizes. I empathize with Oreo’s because what I wear on the outside is often a completely different sensation/texture than what is worn on the inside.
- I’m Océane, your TA for this class!
I’m a 2nd year masters student at the Media Lab in the Responsive Environments group. I met the DCI (and the lab at large) a few years ago when the DCI hosted a cryptocurrency bootcamp. When I’m not building things or doing art, I’m hiking or cross-country skiing and just generally enjoying the grand outdoors.
- I believe the potential this field has yet to be defined. I’m excited to learn the boundaries of this work and explore the theory vs practical sense of where #BlockchainEthics will sit in our future.